#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of February 18, 2022

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of February 18, 2022











1. Tamara Grace 

New single "Autumn Tears"

#TamaraGrace #TamaraGraceMusic #AutumnTears

Tamara Grace discusses new single "Autumn Tears"

“I wrote 'Autumn Tears' towards the end of Autumn after an encounter with my ex years after we went our separate ways.  “Autumn Tears” helped me cope, learn, heal and grow.”


2. Virginia to Vegas aka Derik Baker


#NoExcuses #virginiatovegas 


3. Onna Lou 

New Video for Single 'Serpentinas'

Onna Lou new single Serpentinas

“Many years ago, I visited Humahuaca with a handful of friends. At the top of a hill, pacified by the beauty around us we made little pots out of the clay and water from the ground. It is one of the most beautiful memories of my life and since then I have been enchanted by that magical place. This experience is also where the lyrics for the introduction of the song come from.”


4. Brooke 


#Eurovision #Eurovision2022

Brooke discusses new single “That’s Rich”

“I was reading Debbie Harry’s autobiography and wanted to encapsulate the attitude she portrayed in her life.” 

5. Ludic (Ayla Tesler-Mabe and Max Cunningham)

New Single "Judge Me"
#Ludic #JudgeMe #AylaTeslerMabe

Max Cunningham from Ludic discusses new Single "Judge Me"

"The song tackles what it’s like to recognize harmful patterns in a romantic relationship 
and the determination to mend all that is wrong because you are committed to your love for that person." 

6. Jay Feelbender 

New single and Video Big Game

Jay Feelbender discusses new single and video Big Game  

“The slide guitar chorus on BIG GAME was especially fun for me because it was something I was experimenting with in the first demo of the song.  I had used a lighter for a slide, because it was all I had at my house, but it had such a unique and dirty quality to it that we decided to use that original demo recording in the final version.”

Jay Feelbender discusses 6-track EP ENTER THE MIRROR - Release date 3/25/2022 

“Most of my solo music before this project had a very DIY feel because I did everything myself. For this new EP, I wanted to evolve. I still wrote everything myself, but I wanted to explore recording in a studio and working with a producer that shared my vision. I had the chance to work with Braden Sauder at Marquee Sound and I’m really happy with how everything turned out. Sonically, I think this new music is a big step forward for me.”

“On the new EP, I think the songs I’ve been writing are quite different from one another.  I really had fun experimenting with genre-bending on each track.” 

7. Gina Naomi Baez

New single "Stick Around"

Gina Naomi Baez discusses new single "Stick Around"

“Showing your truth is such a vulnerable state and when you find someone who embraces you at your best and lowest …well…that is rare and something you should protect at all costs.”  


8. Ian Lake

New single "Easier
Upcoming debut album 'What It Is'


9. Colour Tongues (James Challis, Graeme Meekison, Dan Lavergne and Dave Taylor)

New single “Ashgrove”
Forthcoming debut album 'Midnight Island' (out May 19, 2022)

Colour Tongues discuss new single “Ashgrove”

“We all have an Ashgrove.  It's a place where you learned to sink, or to swim, and came into your own as an adult - or what you thought it was like to be an adult. ‘Ashgrove’ conjures up memories of fleeting romances, lessons learned the hard way, and the exhilarating adventure that being a teenager brings. It’s important to remember that none of us ever really grow up, and why would we want to?”

10. Beach House

New album Once Twice Melody 
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Runaway


11. Hurray for the Riff Raff

New album Life On Earth
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Saga
#HURRAYFORTHERIFFRAFF #LIFEONEARTH


12. Methyl Ethel

New album Are You Haunted?
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Proof


13. Metronomy

New album Small World 
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Things will be fine


14. Sally Shapiro

New album Sad Cities
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Believe in Me


15. Tennyson

New album Rot
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Slow Dance
#tennyson #counterrecords


16. Devin Cooper

New single “Back Pocket” 
New album Good Things Release date 03/25/2022

Devin Cooper discusses new single “Back Pocket” and new album 'Good Things'

“After we wrote this song I really understood that anything is possible when you have the right person in your corner.  It’s true that a good solid relationship allows you to literally take on anything and I hope that when people hear this song the first thing that comes to mind is someone who has been there for them, through the highs and lows.” 
 
“As soon as we locked ‘Good Things’ I knew the direction I wanted to take this debut album,” explained Cooper. “It felt important to ground this record in what is true to me — working hard, taking your time to accomplish something, enjoying the process and looking forward to what's next.”

17. Hailey Whitters 

New single “The Neon” 
#HaileyWhitters #TheNeon

Hailey Whitters discusses new single “The Neon”

“I wrote ‘The Neon’ with Lori McKenna and Rodney Clawson about a broken-hearted bender on the town.  It was our first time writing together and Lori brought in the title. I think the next line that came out of the room that day was ‘here comes the sad part’ and we instantly knew it was this ‘tear in my beer’ type lyric. I love getting to tap into this song emotionally every time I sing it. Whenever I'm feelin' blue, there's no broken heart a barstool and a cold beer (or shot of tequila) can't fix.”

18. Sean Stemaly 

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album.
My pick is Can't Be Me
#SeanStemaly #CantBeMe #ProductOfASmallTown

Sean Stemaly discusses debut album Product Of A Small Town

"I'm happy to finally have music out in the world that's true to me and tells the story of my life.  I hope when you listen, you feel like you've known me your whole life. No matter what town you're from, we all have a story. This is mine."

19. Imogen Mahdavi 

New single “Late Night Calls
#imogenmahdavi #latenightcalls

Imogen Mahdavi discusses new single “Late Night Calls”

“In some ways, I think I needed to cry it out and dance it out at the same time.  It all felt so painful to write and yet all this energy came out in the songs. It’s like my mind didn’t know where I needed to be but my heart knew in a few months of healing I would want to dance and scream and smile again. I just trusted the process.”

20. Jerrica Alyssa 

New single Livin' My Best Life 

Jerrica Alyssa discusses musical influences

“My parents always had music playing in our house, artists like Earth, Wind & Fire, Donna Summer, Whitney Houston and Michael Jackson. And as you might have guessed, our Filipino family groove at home was karaoke, giving me plenty of opportunities to jump up and sing and dance.  Though I’m not gonna lie about our cultural leaning towards ballads, good dance grooves were pumpin’ too.” 


21. Jake Owen 

#JakeOwen #FishinOnARiver

Jake Owen discusses new single “Fishin’ On A River”

“I knew I had to cut this song the moment I heard it. When you first hear the title, you’d think it’s a good ole country anthem about fishin’ with the boys. Instead, it’s a love done gone, sway along the track that most everyone can relate to. Here’s to the brokenhearted chasing their blues away with Jack and Rye instead of bass and fishing line.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child