#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of February 25, 2022

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of February 25, 2022

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of February 25, 2022

1. Jane’s Party ft. Shawnee Kish

Janes's Party members include Jeff Giles (keys/guitar/vocals), Tom Ionescu (guitar/vocals), Devon Richardson (bass/vocals), and Zach Sutton (drums).

New Hockey Night In Canada Theme Song 'Saturday Night

Shawnee Kish 

“Recording vocals on ‘Saturday Night’ was an absolute blast. Singing the lyrics while thinking about the song's job of pumping up each game, hockey fans in the stadium and viewers sitting at home ready for hockey night had me singing all out. Feeling really lucky to be a part of this song and Hockey Night in this way.” 

Tom Ionescu (guitar/vocals)

“It was quite a wild ride, grabbing Shawnee’s vocals from Alberta, Zach’s drums from LA, Jeff’s vocals and keyboards from Newfoundland, then recording, producing, and assembling the track in Toronto in just two weeks. That kind of timeline gets the blood pumping which was the perfect feeling needed for this ruckus pump-up track.”

Devon Richardson (bass/vocals)

“Having a hard deadline was also really good for us as a band. It kept us focused and our decision-making quick when it came to the production.”

Zach Sutton (drums)

“As an aspiring hockey player, I grew up with Ron and Don every Saturday night. Dressed in my Felix ‘The Cat’ Potvin goalie gear, I watched each game religiously hoping one day I would be a part of the magic. Though my hockey career never panned out as I quite hoped, music has brought my dream to life. Hearing Ron announce our names every Saturday night is icing on the cake and knowing we are a part of a Canadian legacy such as Hockey Night in Canada has brought us immense joy.”


2. Eamon McGrath  

New album "Bells of Hope

Interview available here 


3. Miesa

New single "Blind
#Blind #InMovement #Choregraphy

Miesa discusses new single "Blind"

“Blind" is one of those songs that feels like everyone’s story and no one’s story all at the same time, sometimes in relationships, the picture could be blurry.”


4. SuperTonic ft. Big Sugar’s Gordie Johnson

New single “Wide Awake”  
New LP 'Time to Repair'

SuperTonic members include Jay Stiles (keys/vocals), David Pulkingham (guitar/vocals), Gordie Johnson (bass), and Alan Eckert (drums)


5. NOBRO 


NOBRO members include Sarah Dion (drums/vox), Lisandre Bourdages (percussion/vox), Karolane Carbonneau (lead guitar/vox), Kathryn McCaughey (bass/lead vox)

Kathryn McCaughey discusses New EP and Eat. Slay. Chardonnay.

“You have to live your truth and cannot lose sight of who you are. Even when you feel like a loser cleaning puke out of the bathroom sink, or because of rejection, heartache, and a seemingly never-ending list of reasons to give up. You have to shred some gnar because you are the only person who gets to live your own life."
 
“EAT. SLAY. CHARDONNAY. - This song was originally 1:14 since we wanted something fast and punchy. We cut out all the bullshit and went right to the point, all while raising a toast to yourself.”

6. Roni Bar Hadas

New single "Is It Love"

Roni Bar Hadas discusses the new single "Is It Love"

"I wrote this song about a guy I loved who was afraid to let me into his heart, after years of thinking that no one could ever contain his pain and demons. I tried so hard to break my barriers and to be open-hearted so I would be able to love and be loved. When I finally had the courage to break my defensive walls, he wasn't ready to break his."

7. Amy Bishop ft. Motley Crue’s Nikki Sixx

New Album “Perfect & Broken


8. The CB3

New EP Bunny Hop 

Bunny Hop members Cristian Barbieri (Guitar), Caleb Shand (Bass), Chris Farace (Drums) and Xani Kolac (Violin)

Cristian Barbieri discusses The CB3 group

“The three of us have played together so much over the years, with different bands and artists, and all types of gigs. I hear that all come to fruition on this EP. I feel like we found our feet. Choi, our producer, nailed the engineering/production side too. Every instrument sounds exactly as we wanted. That doesn’t always happen.”

9. Oceans 


Oceans members include Thomas Lee (Guitar/vocals), Mayzie Lee (Acoustic Guitar/Vocals), Dwayne Pearce (Guitar), Joshua Strange (Bass Guitar), Anthony Knoepfle (Keyboard/Synth), and Michael Fox (Drums).

Tom Lee discusses Oceans band

“Oceans started as a band roughly two years ago before the start of the pandemic. In that time while we were finding our sound we played a number of covers to get accustomed to playing as a group. Bachelor Kisses by the Go-Betweens was suggested by our guitarist Dwayne, who shares a hometown connection with the indie rock group, and it immediately felt like a song that combined our best attributes as a band.”


10. Steve Poltz

Steve Poltz discusses 'Can O Pop' from the new album Stardust & Satellites

“Jano from The Wood Brothers was leaving the studio, and I asked him to give me a beat, and I told him I’d write a song with the beat he gave me.  I want to feel the fizzy rhythm with you.  Hey, Everyone loves a can of pop”

11. Francesca Louise

New single “For Michael

Francesca Louise discusses the new single “For Michael”  

“At times I surprise myself with what appears on paper. I answer questions that I didn’t even know needed to be answered. Writing is a part of my healing process when life is spinning and events are unfolding. It’s my therapy.”

12. Douglas Von Irvin’s Carnival

New single “Attack of the 50ft Woman”

Douglas Von Irvin’s Carnival discusses the Writing of “Attack of the 50ft Woman”

"My collaborators Dr. Prycenstein, Matt Starr (Ace Frehley), and I decided to continue writing and recording remotely just like everyone else. We were happy to take more time with developing our songs because we were not renting a recording studio like we have in the past. I enjoyed our room to breath during remote recording, because we were able to sit with lyrics and arrangements for a couple days before moving forward building songs. We started a handful of songs, and then Dr. Prycenstein sent me one of the most beautiful melodies on a guitar I’ve heard in a long time with an arrangement. 
At the time I got his arrangement I was helping someone close to me suffering through family problems. I was in group therapy with an entire family on Zoom meetings and it was awful. More than once I tried to say something peaceful, and I was attacked by a red-faced, screaming, angry woman. The Zoom situation reminded me of some crazy sci-fi movie where someone on earth tried to calm down a crazed astronaut that has gone mad over the radio but can’t because the distance of space was in the way.

Attack of the 50ft Woman was a 50’s movie that featured a couple with the problem of their size difference, as the space in their way to stay married. I started to write aggressive lyrics from the point of view of being a victim of an angry woman, backed by punk guitar. It was just another garage rock song until Dr. Prycenstein sent his arrangement to me. I felt melancholy and at peace writing lyrics about how peaceful and tender it can be to surrender and let go of a love that not working for both lovers."

13. Elliot Lee

New single "Airplanes"

Elliot Lee discusses new single "Airplanes"

"A lot of things in life terrify me. If I had to make a list, flying would probably be number one, and right underneath it would be things like “disappointing people”, “taking up too much space”, and “societal pressure to conform to a gender binary”. Airplanes is a song about my relationship with anxiety and all of the ways that fear has shaped the course of my life."

14. Carlo Capobianco 

New single "Sleeping With The Enemy"

Carlo Capobianco discusses new single "Sleeping With The Enemy"

‘Sleeping With The Enemy', if even more so than my last single ‘Pray To You’, is what I believe to be the epitome of my album,” says Capobianco. “Sonically, it is like a dark dream or a Tim Burton story. I wanted to make sure that the feeling of unknowingly, or knowingly, loving something so deeply — can be as euphoric as it can be blinding.”

15. Ryan Meeking

Debut EP "Coalesce"

Ryan Meeking discusses debut EP "Coalesce"

“Every song is its own environment, its own conversation, its own emotion, its own world for exploring. Each of them captures one moment in time - one chance to connect.”

16. Avril Lavigne

New album Love Sux #LoveSux 
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album
Mine is 'Bois Lie' ft. Machine Gun Kelly


17. Bad Omens

#BadOmens #TDOPOM #SumerianRecords
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album
Mine is The Death of Peace of Mind


18. Corey Taylor

New album CMFB ...Sides
If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album
Mine is All This And More


19. Dashboard Confessional

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song from the album
Mine is Everyone Else Is Just Noise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

Express Review: Dear Child