Cheaper by the Dozen (2022)

Cheaper by the Dozen

Walt Disney Pictures/20th Century Studios/Khalabo Ink Society

Disney+


Original movie “Cheaper by the Dozen” (2003) 

Release date: 03/18/2022

Social Media

#DisneyPlus

Starring

Gabrielle Union as Zoe Baker
Zach Braff as Paul Baker
Journee Brown as Dej Baker
Kylie Rogers as Ella Baker
Andre Robinson as DJ Baker
Caylee Blosenski as Harley Baker
Aryan Simhadri as Haresh Baker
Leo A. Perry as Luca Baker
Mykal-Michelle Harris as Luna Baker
Christian Cote as Bailey Baker
Sebastian Cote as Bronx Baker
Luke Prael as Seth Baker
Erika Christensen
Brittany Daniel
Cynthia Daniel
Ron Funches

Directed by

Gail Lerner

Screenplay by 

Kenya Barris and Jenifer Rice-Genzuk Henry

Based on 

Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey

Producer

Kenya Barris

Executive producers

Shawn Levy, Gabrielle Union, Brian Dobbins, and Donald J. Lee, Jr.

Cinematography

Mitchell Amundsen

Edited by

Troy Takaki

Music by

John Paesano

Cheaper by the Dozen World Premiere 3/16/2022

Andre Robinson who plays "DJ Baker" discusses the premiere, Cheaper by the Dozen and his favourite scene 

"It's been amazing. I got to catch up with my friends before I got here.  

I know a bunch of families are struggling out there. We're struggling too. We're weird too. We're funny too but we keep it all together. 

I shot was a scene with me and Zach. I kind of made fun of him a bunch of times. It's a hilarious scene. It was a fun time."

Aryan Simhadri who plays "Haresh Baker" discusses the premiere, Cheaper by the Dozen, and his favourite scene

This is my first in-person premiere. It's so cool. It's huge. It's like my dream come true to be on the red carpet.  Answering questions is cool but it's a little overwhelming. 

The family is facing their own problems and you get to see them overcome it.

It was super cool being able to really properly show, like the different problems that families can face. I think that's the core message of the film you get to see this family get closer throughout the film. It's just a very heartwarming film. 

There's a dance-off between 2 dads. It was so much fun. 

Caylee Blosenski who plays "Harley Baker" discusses being at the premiere and Cheaper by the Dozen movie

"This is such an amazing experience. I've been dreaming about this since I was a little kid. I have loved Disney since I was a little girl.  It's a dream come true. 

This is such a great family movie. It shows that families can come in all different shapes and sizes.  I really love how this movie shows that no family is perfect.   There are so many amazing one-liners." 

Christian and Sebastian Cote who play "Bailey and Bronx Baker" discuss their favourite scene

"My favorite scene was when we got to ride the scooters around the house.  We got to do cool tricks like go under a table or 2.  I think kids are going to like the Tiktok dance."

Erika Christensen who plays "Kate" discusses Cheaper by the Dozen movie

"Everyone was so happy to be at work and making something that we loved. 

The adults will certainly relate to the madness. They will relate to putting aside our differences to make it work for the sake of family and for the kids. There's another message in there about evaluating what's important to you and being true to yourself that a number of characters get to address. 

Kids will watch this and think how fun it would be to have 9 other kids in the house with me."

Gabrielle Union who plays "Zoey Baker" discusses Cheaper by the Dozen movie

"This is the first movie that my kids have probably actually seen.  I don't know what they think I do.  I think they think I just sit on Zoom all day. 

I think, for those people who've seen the 1950 version and the 2003 versions, I think they will be pleasantly surprised that it's just not another remake doing the same thing.  We're tackling some tough subjects but in a family-friendly way. I can pretty much guarantee that none of your kids will be on their phones throughout this movie. 

The kids are doing really wild things at the beginning of the movie and I think a lot of kids will really love and probably try to emulate. I'm just going to say I'm sorry."

Director Gail Lerner discusses being at the premiere and Cheaper by the Dozen

"It's just amazing to be here with everybody LIVE. Everyone is just so excited to be out together in a theater.

I think we really have something for everybody. We have drag races, slapstick. cannonballs into a pool.  We have some beautiful social commentary. We have heartfelt moments.  You can just cuddle up on the couch and watch with your family.

Our movie has a lot of great messages. I think the biggest one is that we're all tempted to give our families bigger houses, more money, more success but what our kids really want is more of us and more time and more love."

Journee Brown who plays "Deja Baker" discusses the cast and Cheaper by the Dozen movie

"I love this cast so much.  It's obviously a bunch of kids.  We're all like like brothers and sisters.
I am over the moon to see my little brothers and my little sisters. 

I think there's characters that everyone's going to be able to relate to." 

Producer/Screenplay writer Kenya Barris discusses Cheaper by the Dozen movie

"I hope the kids are excited. I think adults hopefully can feel like it's hard racing kids nowadays.

This is a movie that says that there is no perfect way.  You take your best shot, and hopefully it works out. We all ultimately want what's best for our kids. I think that's something that we can strive for." 

Leo Abelo Perry who plays "Luca Baker" being at the premiere and the message in Cheaper by the Dozen

"Being on the carpet is a dream come true. I think this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. You got to embrace it.

I think we added a twist to the original movie. 

The message is probably don't judge families."  

Luke Prael discusses his character "Seth Baker" in Cheaper by the Dozen

"Once you get older, you shy away from your family but you have these moments where you are together again.  Those moments are like everything."

Mykal-Michelle Harris who plays "Luna Baker" discusses Cheaper by the Dozen

"It was chaotic. The family is juggling like 10 bajillion things at once.  It's hilarious. It is one of the funniest movies.  It's a super funny heartwarming movie."

Simeon Daise who plays "Chris" discusses Cheaper by the Dozen

"I think it's a new spin on a well-known franchise. Watching a blended family in today's climate.  I think a lot of people can relate. It's not about one generation or one's ethnicity.  It's a reflection of humanity on a deeper level.  I think everybody will love watching this." 

Musical Performer Sy’Rai discusses the music in Cheaper by the Dozen

"I feel super blessed. It's all about loving each other. Our song also represents that as well.  The song is called 'Nothing Without You'.  It's a beautiful song.  It's a conversation between a Mom and a daughter just talking about how we do everything with each other and how we love each other.  I think this movie is a great representation of that and I just love it."

Timon Kyle Durrett who plays "Dom Clayton" discusses Cheaper by the Dozen 

"This film shows some of the more nuanced family dynamics. There are heartwarming, silly and funny moments. It's got a lot of layers. 

One of my funniest scenes was the dance-off scene.  I'm looking forward to seeing that one."

Zach Braff who plays "Paul Baker" discusses Cheaper by the Dozen

"Kenya Barris and Gabriel Union wanted to make a story about a blended family. 

This is my first family movie other than voicing Chicken Little (2005). I've never been involved in a family movie. I think this is a movie will crack up the parents and the kids."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child