Law & Order Interviews before Season 21

Law & Order 

NBC

Air Date: 02/24/2022 08:00 PM

THE RIGHT THING (TV-14)

Newly acquainted partners, Bernard and Cosgrove, investigate the murder of a notorious entertainer. A dispute over throwing out a confession creates a rift in the DA’s office.










Anthony Anderson discusses his character “Detective Kevin Bernard”

"Anthony Anderson here aka Detective Kevin Bernard, back for season 21 of Law and Order.  I never thought would happen, but here it is. My character, Detective Kevin Bernard, was introduced on Law and Order SVU 15 years ago. He got into it with Detective Elliot Stabler played by Christopher Meloni.  When Jesse Martin was deciding to leave the mothership, his character, Detective Green had a shooting, and it was questionable.  So they brought in to Detective Kevin Bernard, who was in internal affairs to investigate.  He investigates, rubs people the wrong way just because he comes from internal affairs.  But the shooting happened to be a clean shooting detective.  Now where he's been for the last 11 years.  We get to find out where he's been." 

Camryn Manheim discusses her character “Lt. Kate Dixon” and Law & Order

"I'm so glad it's back and I'm on it.  I feel so honored that we're going to be on the same night as the other 2.  I am Lieutenant Dixon. I'm a badass boss lady.  I think I was brought in because Anthony Anderson and Jeffrey Donovan think a lot of themselves.  And think that they got it covered. They needed an alpha female to come in and show them the rope.  They asked me to come in and wanted to know if I could go head to head with them.

"I've been watching Law and Order since it premiered in the 90s.  I was getting out of graduate school, and it was the only show in town. Everyone wanted to be on it...My very first television show was Law and Order. I did Law and Order 3 times. I was a sign language interpreter.  I played a woman who was kind of an activist for pro-life.  I also played a foster mom, whose kid went missing

Now I'm back 30 years later, playing Lieutenant Dixon.  I'm back on a show that all New York actors love.  It is so beloved in this town, and it brought this town back to life."

Christopher Meloni who plays "Detective Elliot Stabler" discusses Law and Order

"Bringing back Law and Order, I didn't see it coming...I think it's a great idea, and I would not expect anything less from Dick Wolf.  Can one handle this much Law and Order? We're all going to find out."

Hugh Dancy discusses his character “E.A.D.A. Nathan Price”

"I play Nolan Price.  He is a prosecutor in the office of Jack Mccoy.  He was a defense lawyer.  He came to a personal decision and decided to switch to the other side. He carries a lot of experience and maybe baggage from that part of his life.

Ice-T who plays "Detective Odafin Tutuola" discusses Law and Order franchise

"Well, now that Law and Order is back, it has a chance to step into the record books along with us.  We got to love that show.  If it wasn't for that show you wouldn't have a huge franchise. I know personally that Dick Wolf wanted 3 shows on every night. He has Chicago, right? Then Law and Order will have a night.  I'm proud of Dick Wolf for reaching some of his goals.  These are the things he wanted to do.  Also in the Wolf universe, it gives a lot of job opportunities.  If I ever get kicked off SVU, I can still climb a ladder in Chicago."

Jeffrey Donovan who plays “Detective Frank Cosgrove” discusses Law and Order

"I think, it's great that Law and Order returned. It took too long to come back.  I watched actually 20 seasons. I was a huge fan.  When I moved to New York City, I watched it as soon as I got here and never stopped I'm so glad to be a part of it." 

For me, Law and Order is a classic Whodunit.  You get introduced to the crime/murder.  You then start meeting the characters and you ask yourself whodunit?  Is it the cook or the maid?  You don't know who it is and that's what's interesting to me. I think that's what makes people come back week after week."

Mariska Hargitay who plays "Captain Olivia Benson" discusses a conversation with Dick Wolf

"I think it is so awesome. I was actually talking to Dick Wolf yesterday, and he shared with me that between all the 3 shows, 35,000 actors have been employed." 

Odelya Havlevi discusses her character “A.D.A Samantha Maroun”

"I play A.D.A Samantha Maroun.  She is from the south but she's Middle Eastern.  I'll say that she's very strong and lovably blunt. I don't think she likes to take no for an answer." 

"I've been a huge fan for many years. When I was younger, I would binge-watch law and order with my mom. I thought I wanted to be a lawyer because I just fell in love with all these amazing strong characters on the show.  It turns out I just wanted to play one on TV."

Sam Waterson who plays “D.A. Jack McCoy” discusses Law and Order

"It's been amazing. You catch me on the very first day of work for me on the new old show.  It's really fantastic it's old, and it's new. It's like coming back to a great classic."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child