#newmusic4yourears Week of February 4, 2022

#newmusic4yourears Week of February 4, 2022

#newmusic4yourears Week of February 4, 2022











Singles

1. Nue 

New Single "Demon Child"

“My life inspired the song. It's just really, really honest. I was going through a lot at the time with relationships" 

"It's really proud and unapologetic. I felt very misunderstood and I just didn’t really care about opinions. I more so was embracing things said or thought about me, even if not true. Unintentionally I think I was trying to just let it all out there and give the listener comfort in my unfiltered self-deprecation.”

2. Sea Glass 

New Single - "New Romans"

3. Ryan Meeking

New Single “Better!”

“I was in a very strong mood at the time, wanting to let out a lot of pent-up energy, like a captive tiger pacing the cage perimeter. Better! opened the gate.”

4. Beth Keeping

New single “I’m not looking for a friend”

“It’s about being clear on what you want and intentional about going after it. It recognizes that friendships can gradually develop into something more, and this process can be complicated and confusing, but you can’t sit in that space forever - eventually, you have to make a decision either way.”

5. Niagara Moon

New single "Bad Vibes"

6. James McLeod 

New Single "Parkdale"

""Parkdale" is about leaning into your vices even when they no longer serve you merely because it's convenient to."

7. Francine Honey

New Single “Hunker Down”

“When I write a song, I imagine the movie that is playing for these three minutes and eventually it becomes its own movie in a video.”

8. Colour Tongues 

First single “Control”

9. AVIV 

New Single 'You Feel Like Depression'

“A breakup is many times accompanied by self-guilt, self-blame, and an overall feeling of failure. This feeling is amplified when the person with whom you’ve ended the relationship blames you for the breakup.”

“‘You Feel Like Depression’ was written about such relationship. The realization that the ‘end’ is complex with usually many factors contributing to its demise. The song is presented as a dialogue, with the other party blaming me for the breakup. However, I came to learn that I did not need to ‘be fixed’ for being myself. That all the negativity present during the relationship had made our love feel like depression. I finally came to terms that I tried my best and that is enough. True love entails acceptance of who the other person is and not trying to mold them into something else. Instead of placing liability on your shoulders, a person who loves you should care about you with all of your ‘faults’. They should not make the prospect of love depressing.”

10. The Grogans 

New single ‘Be Your Man’

“We wanted to write something heavier as we really enjoy that side of our live show. We wanted it to be in your face but still within our nature. It's a song about wanting to prove yourself to a partner and wanting to step up to the table but it’s still in a simple manner a classic love track all wrapped up in a punkish wrapping. Dig ya teeth in and take what you will from it.”

11. Flo Gallop 

New single “sorry for you, mate”

“I hope the music inspires people to dance and be happy when they’re listening to it. If something is not quite right in their lives or as good as it could be, maybe something as simple as one of my lyrics might inspire them to change it. That would be amazing!”

12. Grimes

New single Shinigami Eyes

13. Michael Buble

New single I'll Never Not Love You

14. Charli XCX, Rina Sawayama

New single Beg For You (feat. Rina Sawayama)

15. Lauv

New single 26

16. Our Lady Peace, Pussy Riot

New single Stop Making Stupid People Famous (feat. Pussy Riot)

17. Barnev, Dramatik, KNLO

New single Dedie

18. Chelsea Cutler

New single the lifeboat's empty!

19. Mother Mother

New single Sick of The Silence

20. Jann Arden

New single Was I Ever 13

21. The Beatles

New single Get Back - Rooftop Performance / Take 3

22. Donovan Woods

New single I Won't Mention It Again

23. Koffee

New single Pull Up

24. Red Hot Chili Peppers

New single Black Summer

25. Tate McRae

New single she's all i wanna be

26. Dr. Dre, Eminem

New single Gospel (with Eminem)

27. John Legend, Nas, Florian Picasso

New single Tomorrow

28. Machine Gun Kelly, WILLOW

New single emo girl (feat. WILLOW)

29. Sacha

New single We Did

30. Jennifer Lopez, Maluma

New single Marry Me - Kat & Bastian Duet

31. Adekunle Gold, Ty Dolla $ign

New single One Woman

32. Bastille

New single Back To The Future

33. Shouse

New single Won't Forget You - Edit

34. Virginia To Vegas

New single no excuses

35. GOODBADUGLY

New single Next Man

36. Sofi Tukker

New single Original Sin

37. Alfie Templeman

New single Broken


New album

1. KORN

New album REQUIEM

Director Tim Saccenti discusses "Start The Healing" music video

"Our idea for this video was to mutate that aspect of the DNA of Korn, of what makes them so inspiring, their mix of raw power and transportive aesthetics and human emotion.

I wanted to take the viewer on an emotional journey, as the song does, a visceral, cathartic death and rebirth that will hopefully help transport the listener through whatever their personal struggles are.

Collaborating with 3-D artist Anthony Ciannamea we tapped into Korn's mythology and explored their vast well of light and darkness to create a surreal, liminal-pace body-horror nightmare."

2. SACHA

Sophomore EP and New Single “We Did”

“I love the fact that storytelling is the foundation of country music and that I have been given the opportunity to tell mine with this new music” 

“‘We Did’” has this T-Swift, fall hard, first love, shot to the heart, nostalgic, energy to it. It’s the type of music I’ve always wanted to release. With these new tracks, I can’t help but feel I’m releasing music that speaks to who I am, which is a new feeling for me. I’m so excited for everyone to hear it. ”

3. Myles Lloyd 

New Album Forever, Yours

“I want to give everyone a different experience to my music than they are used to.”

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song

Mine is "Running on You" 

4. Animal Collective

New Album Time Skiffs

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song

Mine is "We Go Back"

5. Bastille

New Album Give Me The Future

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song

Mine is "Thelma and Louise"

6. Black Country, New Road

New Album Ants From Up There

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song 

Mine is "Chaos Space Marine"

7. Mitski

New Album Laurel Hell

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song

Mine is "Stay Soft"


#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood  Week of February 4, 2022




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child