Interview with Billboard Featured Dream-Pop Artist Jackie Lipson

Interview with Billboard Featured Dream-Pop Artist Jackie Lipson

Interview with Billboard Featured Dream-Pop Artist Jackie Lipson

Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif,  I am here with Jackie Lipson. Jackie Lipson is an indie-pop artist and songwriter from South Windsor, Connecticut. You may have seen her on UniversalNBC’s The Voice. In our #cinqque5tion interview, we discuss her musical influences, her new single "Everybody Sucks”, writing songs for a reboot of a hit animated series set for release on Nickelodeon and Paramount+, and much more. 

1. Who are some of your musical influences and why?

A big writing influence for me is a local LA singer-songwriter, Jensen McRae. She has incredible emotional depth and a vocal tone like butter. I’m a big fan of Cautious Clay and reference his production constantly when mixing my tracks. I’m a 90s kid so my music foundation was created by Avril Lavigne and Alanis Morissette. 

2. How would you describe your experience on NBCUniversal's "The Voice"?

A learning experience. 

3. Describe the process and emotions that went into making your first single of 2022 "Everything Sucks".

Everything Sucks was created super organically. I was on tour in Toronto with my guitarist and co-writer VAVÁ. We’d just finished an amazing show in NYC and the minute we landed in TO we heard the news of the Omicron variant hitting the city. Despite all our vibes and prayers, our planned show at the historic El Mocambo was canceled and we sank to the floor in frustration and disappointment. What seemed like a light at the end of this long covid tunnel went dim and Everything Sucks was born!

4. What was it like moving to Los Angeles?

Moving to Los Angeles had never been in my plan. It happened somewhat spontaneously. The move itself was scary, but the first few years of life in LA were really challenging. Keeping my purpose and passion for music at the front of my mind kept me pushing forward. LA is a beast and it’s definitely grown on me. 

5. What sort of songs are you currently writing for a reboot of a hit animated series set for release on Nickelodeon and Paramount+?

I’m writing some really fun and a bit *spooky* songs! I guess you’ll have to watch and see! 

What On What's Good

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

Express Review: Dear Child

The Cleaning Lady (2022)