Interview with Star Trek: Picard actress Adele Pomerenke

Interview with Star Trek: Picard actress Adele Pomerenke

Interview with Star Trek: Picard actress Adele Pomerenke

Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Adele Pomerenke.  You may have recently seen Adele in her first big television debut in the second season of STAR TREK: PICARD.  In our #cinqque5tion interview, we discuss STAR TREK: PICARD, her background in dance & performing arts, how she got into film acting, and much more.

1. Do you have any fun behind-the-scenes for your first big television debut in the second season of STAR TREK: PICARD?

Yes, of course! There is always something going on BTS that you never plan on. At the time, I was getting back in shape for The Nutcracker tour with Anaheim ballet. So my favorite moment would be in between shots. I was doing a ballet barre or some sort of workout. This ultimately led to a fun conversation with Michelle Hurd when she noticed me stretching my leg over my head while sitting at the helm between shots. She informed me her sister is a dancer also! Then later, getting to talk about ballet with Patrick Stewart. He has quite the admiration for it and informed me his ex-wife was also a ballet dancer. So cool.

2. Can you tell us about your character on STAR TREK: PICARD?

My character is Ensign Kemi; she is a Haliian humanoid species. She is the Helmsman of the U.S.S StarGazer and newly under the command of Captain Rios. Haliians are a really amazing species. They have telepathic abilities triggered by empathy and increase when using the canar crystal. Kemi is young and just starting her adventures with Starfleet; she's determined to prove herself and excited for the adventures that await her!

3. Can we discuss your background in dance & performing arts?

Always. I have been a ballet dancer for most of my life, ever since I was three years old. My Grandmother had a lucrative career as a dancer and singer in musicals in New York, so she had a huge influence on me. I have trained in any and all forms of art I felt called to and was lucky enough to have a family that supported that. Tap, jazz, musical theater, any form of dance I could try, choir and band, etc. I even studied Aerial fabric work briefly when I lived in Seattle. I think it has all helped my film-acting career immensely.

4. Describe how you got into film acting.

I was living in Nashville at the time and ended up not renewing my contract with Nashville Ballet in hopes of going on tour with a tv show pilot that cast me as a regular dancer/performer. Unfortunately, it fell through, and I was left without a contract for a ballet company or any work. I dabbled in modeling and acting as a kid way before I was mentally ready, so I thought I would try again, get an agent and see what happened. I ended up getting cast in multiple music videos and my first film with lines. I fell in love.

5. What was it like to relocate to Los Angeles from Nashville, TN?

It was bittersweet. Nashville really helped mold me and grow my resume as an artist. It gave me a lot of confidence, so it felt like I was leaving the nest all over again. I always wanted to move to LA but didn't feel like it was time yet. Now it feels more like home than anywhere else. I can't imagine living anywhere else for now. It's where I am supposed to be. I am from the west coast so going back to it wasn't a big culture shock or anything like that, but I do miss the fireflies.

6. Where can we see you next?

I did film a lead part in a fun music video, so that should be out soon, and I have had a couple of projects offered to me. Unfortunately, I can't talk about any of them yet! For now, I am going to try and create another dance video. If anyone's familiar with them, I create my own dance-themed videos/shorts, and I  have been itching to do another. Also, I am writing songs hoping to finally get back in a studio and record something! Everything is sort of floating around in space (pun intended) right now. I am excited to see what takes off next!

whatonwhatsgood - jovintardif

linktr.ee/whatonwhatsgood

#whatonwhatsgood Entertainment Updates 🎶📺🎬 Rated 12K+ movie & TV titles

IMDb contributor

300+ #worldwide #cinqque5tion interviews

Google Maps Level 6 Local Guide 2.4 million Photos Views

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

Express Review: Dear Child