Interview with Toronto Alt-Rocker Siobamm

Interview with Toronto Alt-Rocker Siobamm

Interview with Toronto Alt-Rocker Siobamm

Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Siobamm.  Siobamm is a musician, engineer, producer, and roller derby skater from Toronto, Canada.  Her new single is “Meat Machine”.  In our #cinqque5tion interview we discuss roller derby skating, making the music video for “Meat Machine”, her favourite song from her debut EP, Gloom Patrol, and much more.

1. What inspired you to be a musician and why? 

I grew up in a really musical family! My grandpa, cousins, and uncles all play in an Irish rock band called “Madd Paddy”, so I just grew up going to those shows and knew that it was something I always wanted to do. I was in a couple of bands in university but nothing really had any momentum. I then found roller derby and threw all my time into that until the pandemic put all my tournament season plans to a halt.

2. When did you get into roller derby skating? 

I wanted to play roller derby ever since Whip It (2009), came out, but I didn’t get the chance until 2017 when a friend that played for Toronto invited me out to skate with them. I scraped up my ass on the concrete and was HOOKED. I then showed up to my first Fresh Meat (basic training) session with a huge road rash which made me look really tough. Hahaha.

3. Any fun behind-the-scenes stories while making the music video for “Meat Machine”?

Oh my god, that shoot was FREEZING. It was -10 both days we were shooting. I think the funniest thing that happened was when I was eating the fake flesh and blood concoction. We made it out of wonder bread, cornflakes, corn syrup, and food dye and it was so thick that I broke a nail off trying to scoop it up and then threw up a little in my mouth at how gross it was. That’s when we stopped shooting.

4. If you can only pick one, tell us your favourite song from your debut EP, Gloom Patrol, and why?

Ooooo. I thought at release time that it was Pick Your Poison, but now I think it’s I Won’t Forget. I get a lot of people telling me they love that song, and we’ve really turned up the rock aspect and made it heavier to play live which is so fun!

5. Where can we see you next?

We’re gonna be headlining at Sneaky Dee’s on August 27th!


whatonwhatsgood - jovintardif
#whatonwhatsgood Entertainment Updates 🎶📺🎬 Rated 12K+ movie & TV titles
IMDb contributor
300+ #worldwide #cinqque5tion interviews
Google Maps Level 6 Local Guide 2.4 million Photos Views

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child