Interview with Canadian R&B Singer, Songwriter & Actor Simone Miller

Interview with Canadian R&B Singer, Songwriter & Actor Simone Miller

Interview with Canadian R&B Singer, Songwriter & Actor Simone Miller

Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Simone Miller.  Simone is an actress and singer/songwriter from Toronto, Canada.  Her latest single is “Older”.  You may have also seen her in CBC Gem’s Digital Original mystery and adventure series, Detention Adventure.  Other credits include the Lifetime Movie The Clark Sisters, Workin’ Moms, Pinkalicious, Run The Burbs, and much more. In our #cinqque5tion interview, we discuss making the music video "Older", behind-the-scenes at Detention Adventure, writing therapy, musical influences, and much more.

1. What was it like making the video for “Older”?

The creation process for the music video “Older” was such a unique and passion-filled experience for me. This was my first time writing for film and directing. It was a crazy experience for me as a 16-year-old to be directing all the strong and empowering women that I’ve had the opportunity to work with and have been inspired by on set. Seeing everyone work so hard to bring my vision to life was humbling.

I have spent six years in front of the camera as an actress so getting to see the experience as a director helped me relate to the talent. There were so many amazing aspects of “Older” that I got to learn from, and It’ll always be close to my heart because I learned so much.

2. Any fun behind-the-scenes stories from your time on Detention Adventure, The Clark Sisters, Workin Moms, and/or Run The Burbs?

Yeah! I have a lot of fun stories from filming. I’m fortunate to work with such fun productions, crew, and cast. On Detention Adventure, episode 3 of Season 3, there is a food fight scene.  Another character (Tomaso Sanelli) and I get into an argument and my character throws a piece of bread. I accidentally grabbed the wrong piece of bread, and it was so stale. I threw it at his face, and it was hard as a rock! Everyone’s reaction was genuine at that moment and my hands quickly hid my face and I burst into laughter. He managed to stay in character! In the end, the director used this take as he said it had the most real reactions

3. Would you recommend writing as a form of therapy? Please describe.

Absolutely! I would say writing is a huge form of therapy for me. Whenever I’m going through something or going through a situation I have a hard time processing, writing allows me to get it all out. It helps me express what I’m feeling. Information is easier to process when it is written down in front of you instead of swirling around in your mind 

4. When did you know you wanted to be a musician and why?

There wasn’t a distinct or pivotal moment for me where I had that aha moment. I just knew that music is something I wanted to do and pursue. It was always ingrained in my brain that music is something that I love, brought me joy, and became therapeutic. I was always very shy as a kid, but when it came to music, I loved performing. It helped me get out of my shell. I was always surrounded by music, my family always had Stevie Wonder playing in our home. 

5. Who were some of your musical influences growing up and why?

I pull inspiration from a lot of artists. Growing up, Stevie Wonder was a prominent musical figure for me. I love his deep and profound lyrics. I always try to emulate his writing style because I think it’s so beautiful and poetic. I learned how to riff because of how clean and clear his riffs are. Another artist I pull a lot of inspiration from is Jorja Smith. I absolutely love her music.

Like Stevie Wonder, her lyrics are beautiful and real. In most of her songs, it’s all pretty stripped back, and it gives that experience of her singing directly to you and it feels like you’re in that moment with her.

6. Where can we see you next?

You can catch me on season three of Detention Adventure, now streaming on CBC Gem.  Detention Adventure is very close to my heart. The way our characters came into their own this season is beautiful. Stay tuned for Season 2 of Run the Burbs! We just got renewed for a second season. And of course, I’m working on a lot of music. Make sure to check my social media for all updates!

Older Music Video

Detention Adventure Season 3 Trailer

Run The Burbs Trailer

whatonwhatsgood - jovintardif

linktr.ee/whatonwhatsgood

#whatonwhatsgood Entertainment Updates 🎶📺🎬 Rated 12K+ movie & TV titles

IMDb contributor

300+ #worldwide #cinqque5tion interviews

Google Maps Level 6 Local Guide 2.4 million Photos Views

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child