#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of March 18, 2022

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of March 18, 2022

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of March 18, 2022

1. Amy Nelson

New single “Trippin’

Canadian Singer/Songwriter Amy Nelson discusses new single and music video “Trippin’”

“This song is all about the ups and downs of falling for someone new. It’s clumsy, it can be messy, and it’s 100% me.”

“This song was written by four amazing writers, but it sounds so much like me that it’s like I was in the room with them.  I don’t really fall in love gracefully, I generally trip over my own feet.”

“It was so fun to film. We had two great actors and we even shot the dance scene at my own studio where I run my music school for kids.”  


2. Jozem
 
New single “Goderich” 

Jozem discusses new single 'Goderich'
“It is in these 'in between' moments of quiet that you will find inspiration again."

 


3. OurGlassZoo with hip hop veteran Prevail

New track "Free"

Vancouver-based band OurGlassZoo discusses new track "Free"

"We all need to be open to change but remember that we are all human beings. It will take time until we reach full equality, so let's keep moving forward with mutual respect, love, and kindness."


4. Jesse Cook
 
New Single & Video “Solace” from 11th Studio Album Libre

Jesse Cook discusses studio album 'Libre'

“I wrote and recorded Libre during the pandemic when, like most people, I was longing for freedom. My music was my escape from the four walls that surrounded me, and the storm that was swirling outside.”

My daughter entertained me with her favourite playlists, much of which were trap and 808-inspired. I loved them too, and a question was planted in my mind: ‘what would my music sound like mixed with those sounds?’”

5. SINNAH 

New EP 'Exist Loud'

SINNAH discusses new EP 'Exist Loud'

“We have a short time on this earth. That´s the reason why we should exist loud while we´re still here. I think we need to be aware of our feelings and allow ourselves to feel ALL the feelings.”

Each song represents a certain emotion. I think we should become more aware of our feelings, accept them and allow ourselves to feel all different kinds of emotions. It’s almost like a norm to put a smile on your face and act like everything is fine. I think there are a lot of people out there struggling, who feel bad but don’t know how to manage their emotions. That’s why I think it’s important to teach children that it’s okay to feel sad sometimes and it’s okay to get angry – you have to be able to feel everything! And you’re never alone.”

 


6. Kx5 (deadmau5 and Kaskade) featuring rising British singer-songwriter Hayla

New single “Escape


7. Danny Aro 

New Single “999!”

Connecticut singer, rapper, and songwriter Danny Aro discusses his latest single “999!” 

“I made this song to celebrate Juice WRLD’s life. Juice WRLD always says in his songs that he was a ‘leader of the lost souls’, and I do feel like he wanted people to find the happiness they deserve in this world. Although the main chorus seems like a message to have fun living fast and dying young, it’s a play on that and actually saying that life is meant to be lived to the fullest and to avoid the easy temptations that can lead someone down the wrong path. The lyrics of the song try to show the trickery the world presents every single day through easy temptations and sensations, which Juice WRLD often spoke about in his music, but also that we can all break through those ceilings together.”

How would you rate the albums?

Charli XCX
Crash
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 80%
#CharliXCX #GoodOnes #Crash


Cypress Hill
Back in Black
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 77%
#CypressHill #Certified #BackInBlack


Feeder
Torpedo
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 70%


Gayle
A Study of the Human Experience Volume One
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 76%
#GAYLE #luvstarved #astudyofthehumanexperience


Hailey Whitters
Raised
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 72%
#HaileyWhitters #BoysBackHome #Raised


Midlake
For the Sake of Bethel Woods
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 75%
#Midlake #BethelWoods #FortheSakeofBethelWoods


Rosalía
Motomami
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 85%
#ROSALÍA #CHICKENTERIYAKI #MOTOMAMI


Sea Girls
Homesick
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 70%
#SeaGirls #Lonely #Homesick


Sonic Youth
In/Out/In
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 75%

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

TV Series Review: Bel-air (2022)