Interview with FEAR STREET alum Jacqi Vene

Interview with FEAR STREET alum Jacqi Vene

Interview with FEAR STREET alum Jacqi Vene

Today on #whatonwhatsgood with Jovin Tardif, I am here with actress Jacqi Vene. You may have seen her in Netflix's hit FEAR STREET: PART TWO. She plays Joan.  In our interview, we discuss moving to Los Angeles at the age of 18, her role in TV's The Wonderful World of Hunter Wood, an interesting story about FEAR STREET: PART TWO, her new film The Surprise Visit' coming to theatres and VOD on January 14, 2022, and much more.  Jacqi plays the lead role of Annabel in 'The Surprise Visit'.

1. What was it like moving to Los Angeles at the age of 18 to pursue your career as an actress?

It was a dream. But not because it was perfect or not scary. It was terrifying. But I think there is a saying out there that “if it doesn’t care you, you probably aren’t dreaming big enough” or something. I moved alone with about $500 dollars to my name and a car. I had no idea what I was doing and looking back I definitely would have done things differently but I am so proud of myself for making that leap. I struggled man but in the most character-defining way. I’ve got a lot to create and do in my career of mine. Best decision of my life.

2. Any fun behind-the-scenes stories working with others on the set of television series "The Wonderful World of Hunter Wood"

Oh, it seems like so long ago now! I remember that I had to peel a bunch of boiled eggs which was a really quirky thing that I had never done on camera before and for some reason I kept overthinking how to peel an egg because I didn’t want the egg to look all whack!

3. You played the role of Joan in Fear Street: Part Two - 1978.  Just out of curiosity, did you read any Fear Street books from R. L. Stine before taking the role? Can you tell us a favourite book and why?

I actually did not read any of the books because I only had about a day in between knowing I booked the role to flying out to Atlanta to shoot. There was not much time for that type of in-depth character work. I just kind of decided I would do whatever I wanted with Joan and I think it worked out.

4. Do you have any fun behind-the-scenes stories working with others on the set of Fear Street Part 2: 1978 on Netflix?

Drew Scheid (Gary in Fear Street Part Two: 1978) decided to help my scene partner Michael Provost (Kurt in Fear Street Part Two: 1978) and I break the ice because of our sex scene. So he took us to a really janky strip club on a Wednesday afternoon and bought us lap dances from the tired fifty-year-old strippers. They unamusingly slapped their saggy titties on our faces and it was shocking to say the least. I guess you could consider the ice broken!

5. What can you tell us about your new film The Surprise Visit out in theatres and VOD on Jan 14?

I can tell you that I am especially excited about this film. I get to play someone who has come from a different place than I. I get to speak an accent which is always nerve-wracking and thrilling. This is a role you have never seen or probably expected from me… Let's see how it goes!

Interview is also available on Instagram

Part 1

Part 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Express Review: Dear Child

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Anthracite Rating