Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2021)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2021)

Walt Disney Pictures / Bardel Entertainment
Disney+


Release date: 12/03/2021

#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club Rating: 61%

Social Media

#wimpykid

Directed by

Swinton Scott

Written by

Jeff Kinney

Based on

Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

Produced by

Jeff Kinney, Nina Jacobson, Brad Simpson

Starring

Brady Noon as Greg Heffley

Ethan William Childress as Rowley Jefferson

Chris Diamantopoulos as Frank Heffley

Erica Cerra as Susan Heffley

Christian Convery as Fregley

Hunter Dillon as Rodrick Heffley

Veda Maharaj as Chirag Gupta

Billy Lopez as Mr. Underwood

Brenda Crichlow as Fregley's mom

Yuvraj Singh Kalsi as Charlie Davies

Robert Moloney as Joshie

Grace Newton as Manny Heffley

Lossen Chambers as Homeroom Teacher

Donny Lucas as Mr. Humphreys

Jessica Mikayla Adams as Braced Girl

Tessa Espinosa as Curly-Haired Girl

Edited by

Sylvain Blais

Music by

John Paesano

Brady Noon and Jeff Kinney discuss Diary of a Wimpy Kid 12/02/2021

Brady Noon who voices Greg Heffley discusses Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2021 film)

"Personally, I was familiar with the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.  My favorite memory of reading the books has to be fighting over getting the books with my friends. So that was a good memory that I had

The character that I play is Greg Heffley. Greg is your typical middle school kid, who is just trying to fit in and try and make things right, and he gets into a little trouble.  I feel like everyone connects with Greg.  No matter how many times he tries to make everything right, he eventually messes up, which is human. 

When I did my voiceovers I pretend that there was a camera in front of me.  I will act out all the motions just so you get that real, that real voice in there.  I'm really doing the action.  So if I have a running scene I'll be running in place. If I jump in a scene, I'll jump. 

The theme of the movie is friendship. 

Before you watch the film make sure you grab a group of your friends, a big box of popcorn, a soda, and sit down and get ready to laugh."

Jeff Kinney discusses Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2021 film)

"It's a good movie. Greg's not perfect.  He makes lots of mistakes in his actions and his thinking.  

I think that kids like him because of that.  I think that he's not the heroic type he's not really aspirational, but he's messy. He's funny because of that.

This animated picture is so special to me. It's the first time that we're actually seeing Greg on the page come to life on the screen.  I think that will be really exciting for viewers and readers of my series.

It was so cool to see Greg on the screen."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Express Review: Dear Child

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Cleaning Lady (2022)