Ambulance (2022)

Ambulance

Universal


Release date: 4/8/2022

Will you check it out?

Social Media

#AmbulanceMovie

Directed by

Michael Bay

Screenplay by

Chris Fedak

Based on

Ambulance by Laurits Munch-Petersen and Lars Andreas Pedersen

Produced by

Michael Bay, Bradley J. Fischer, James Vanderbilt, William Sherak, Ian Bryce

Starring

Jake Gyllenhaal as Danny Sharp Yahya Abdul-Mateen II as William Sharp Eiza González as EMT Cam Thompson

Cinematography

Roberto De Angelis

Music by

Lorne Balfe

Jake Gyllenhaal discusses working with Michael Bay, his character Danny Sharp and his brother Will

"I wanted to work with Michael Bay for a long time. His movies really excite me. I was so down for some fun. 

Danny Sharp is a complex human being. He grew up in a family where bank robberies and heists were normal things. It sounds crazy but is true. He grew up with his brother Will, who is an adopted brother.  They were close growing up but in the years that proceeded, they didn't stay in touch. 

Will comes to Danny because he needs help.  His wife is sick, he has a newborn son and he's struggling.  Will is very much desperate and Danny is his only choice. To find the money to save his wife, the brothers decide to rob a bank.  To Will, this sounds bad but it's the only choice that he has.

I think shooting a film in the confines of an ambulance is nothing in comparison to first responders doing their job on a daily/nightly basis.  There are sharp edges everywhere. Wires are hanging everywhere.  There are many things at your disposal to use to help save somebody's life.  I tried to think about the reality of someone doing a job like this in a space like that.  It's awe-inspiring. 

I was really moved by the movie. It's what I felt when I first read the script.  I really love the ending of the film I really think it's so different from a Michael Bay movie." 

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II discusses his character William Sharp, his brother Danny driving an ambulance and working with Michael Bay

"This is a movie is about family and values. What will you do when your back is against the wall?

Will is a family man. He just came back from the marines.  He has a newborn son.  

Will and Danny...there's definitely brotherhood, love, camaraderie, partnership, and humor between the 2 of them.

Danny's mixed up in some things. They're drawn apart because of the conflict, but they also are drawn together to get through this dilemma.

We wanted to make sure that these guys were not just adopted brothers. They are real brothers that bicker, fought, and laughed together. 

Driving at high speed in an ambulance felt natural. I had driven a U-haul once or twice before. Obviously not at that speed...

Mike (Michael Bay) is a pleasure to work with.  He loves filmmaking. He brings a lot of energy to the set. He's a cat who really loves his job. He's very passionate."

Eiza Gonzalez discusses her character Cam Thompson and working with Michael Bay

"I immediately connected with Cam. I felt so much empathy for her, so much admiration.  I felt really challenged. As an actor, you always want to find material that feels challenging.  I felt very terrified by the material given the time and place that we're in the world right now. 

I felt like I learned so much through her and I felt really honored. It was a very magical role. 

I was really prepared for this. I was shadowing an EMT.  It was really hard to get ambulances at the peak of the pandemic, so I used a van to get accustomed to flying in the back.  I had all these technical things to do. I have to put on an IV.  I have to make sure that all the things that I'm connecting to his body are in the right way and also get accustomed to the things in the ambulance.  It was a long prep. It's a humongous learning experience. 

I feel like I can administrate IVs perfectly.  I feel like I could do it in my sleep. I had an arm in my house, and I would do it with my eyes closed. I go literally go through the beats, and time myself.  I would make sure that I was doing it in the right amount of time.

What would you do if you become a hostage?  I really wanted to work with the fear of her life, but also someone who was fearless to lose her life. 

I love the different dynamics between Danny and Cam and Danny and Will and Will and Cam.

Everyone knows who Michael Bay is.  I think that he's proven that he's the King of action.  

There's a lot of action in this film but there's a lot of character study as well."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Express Review: Dear Child

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Cleaning Lady (2022)