Interview with post-pop artist, songwriter, videographer, and Web3 innovator Amanda Frances

Interview with post-pop artist, songwriter, videographer, and Web3 innovator Amanda Frances

Interview with post-pop artist, songwriter, videographer, and Web3 innovator Amanda Frances


Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Amanda Frances.  Her latest single is “making out with vampires”.  Frances will be dropping a single as well as a mini film music video NFT each month leading up to the release of her debut EP, “attachment theory,” produced by Juno-nominated producer, Father Bobby Townsend.  In our #cinqquestion interview, we discuss what made her decide to be a musician, musicians that inspire her, indie label Sadboy Records, interest outside of music, and much more.  

1. What made you decide to be a musician?

I don’t know if I could even say that I decided to be a musician - music, and particularly writing was just always what I was innately drawn to. I think I just naturally gravitated toward spending more and more of my time doing what makes me feel most creative and most empowered in that creativity.

2. How would you describe your music?

Post-Pop. Lyrics over everything.

3. Are there any musicians who inspire you? Who are they and why?

Absolutely. I’m inspired by artists that push boundaries and innovate within the music industry as a whole. I think a lot of that innovation is happening in Web3 and specifically with Music NFTs right now. Some of the artists at the top of that list for me are Oshi, Verité, and LATASHÁ.

4. What can you tell us about the indie label Sadboy Records?

I have a bit of a Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana thing going on here. I’m both an artist myself (obvs) as well as a label rep for Sadboy Records, an indie record label based out of Toronto.  We’re passionate about empowering independent artists, helping them to grow their careers, and providing the tools to help them thrive as creatives in the ever-changing landscape that is the music industry.

5. Do you have any hobbies or interests outside of music?

Cooking - I make a mean eggplant parm.

Basketball - I’m at the court every chance I get.

6. Where can we see you next?

Right now I’m in the middle of finishing up an EP and filming 6 music videos (really more like mini-films) - so that project has my full time and energy right now, but I’ll be putting together my new live show for this project very very soon and can’t wait to jam out to all these new songs with everyone!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

TV Series Review: Bel-air (2022)