Interview with 15-year-old indie pop prodigy Aviv

Interview with 15-year-old indie-pop prodigy Aviv 

Interview with 15 year-old indie pop prodigy Aviv

Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Aviv.  Aviv is a 15-year-old indie-pop prodigy.   Her debut EP, Drowning in the Culture is now available. The Toronto-based multi-instrumentalist songs tackle issues that include social isolation, depression, technology, love, and heartbreak.  Aviv just recently toured with Imagine Dragons as a special guest. The tour dates included visits to Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick. Today, in our #cinqque5tion interview, we discuss her sound, how Radiohead inspired her career, touring with Imagine Dragons, her new EP, 'Drowning in the Culture', and who she would like to collaborate with.  

1.  How would you describe your sound?

I think it’s fair to say it’s kind of all over the place, like me. I'm still figuring myself out, and I truly think that reflects on my music and sounds. I like to think of my music as a beautiful mess. 

2.   I read that Radiohead inspired your decision to become an artist, specifically their album ‘OK Computer.’ Can you tell us a favourite song from the album and why?

The instrumental melody in “No Surprises" always moves me. Something about it is so nostalgic to me. This song specifically has held deep meaning to my heart as the lyrics are so beautiful and Thom Yorke’s voice is so raw and simple that it speaks so much. 

3. What is it like touring with Imagine Dragons?

Touring with them was a dream. It was an honour to share a stage with such driven and powerful artists that I look up to. Their fan base was so welcoming, I met so many kind new faces. It’s only been two weeks and I am already longing for another go.

4. What can you tell us about your latest EP 'Drowning In The Culture' that came out on April 15?

This EP was a year in the making, it went through many stages and phases to create the final. Every song holds a special place in my heart and is a true reflection of me. The title track "Drowning in the Culture" helped me pull apart and identify buried emotions of mine. This EP was a breath of fresh air for me. 

5. If you can only pick one (Avril Lavigne, Billie Eilish, and Olivia Rodrigo), who would you like to collaborate with and why?

That's so hard. All such powerful and talented women. I can’t pick. I’ll say Avril because she started as a young teenage female from Canada like me. I look up to her and grew up listening to her songs… Also, she was my first concert so it’s safe to say she was one of the many artists that helped me fall in love with music.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Anthracite Rating

TV Series Review: The Tourist (2022)

Law & Order Interviews before Season 21