Interview with country/pop artist and songwriter Megan Dawson

Interview with country/pop artist and songwriter Megan Dawson


Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Calgary, AB country/pop artist and songwriter Megan Dawson.  Dawson's latest release is "Kissed Me Like That" (Produced by Dan Swinimer and Written by Madeline Merlo, Emma-Lee and Lindsay Rimes).  In our #cinqquestion interview, we discuss her creative process, musical influences, possible future collaborations and much more.

1. Can you tell us about your creative process?

My creative process definitely changes quite a bit! A lot of the time, I will jot down any concepts, lines or ideas down to circle back to later. Whether it’s with a co-writer or when I sit down for a solo write. I’m definitely a melody person and find that this is one of my favorite ways to bring a song to life. I find that as much as the songs I write can change so much based on concept and melodies but I love co-writing so much as it can help bring to life a whole new perspective on a concept and can make a song so well-rounded once it’s completed. 

2. Who are some of your musical influences and why?

My musical influences are definitely a little bit all over the place. Shania Twain has always been one of my first musical influences from a perspective of a unique sound that incorporates both elements of pop and country to make such hooky and memorable songs. From a vocal perspective, Hayley Williams of Paramore has always been so inspiring to me, as she is such a strong vocalist with so much strength and emotion behind everything she sings and that’s something I definitely strive for.

3. Is there anyone that you would like to collaborate with and why?

I would love to collaborate with Shania Twain (because Shania, obviously) but I would love to collaborate with Kelsea Ballerini as I feel that our styles of music and writing would align and we could make something so cool. 

4. How would you describe your fans?

So dedicated. Everyone that supports my music has been there for me ever since the very beginning when I could barely play guitar and they’ve followed every step of the journey and I am so grateful for anyone and everyone that supports my music.

5. Where can we see you next?

You can catch me at the Blue Jay Sessions: Spring Remix at The Prairie Emporium in Calgary on May 27th. I will be performing in a songwriter’s circle with a few other artists and I am so excited! Tickets are available here: https://www.showpass.com/blue-jay-sessions-may-2022/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Anthracite Rating

TV Series Review: The Tourist (2022)

Law & Order Interviews before Season 21