#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of April 1, 2022

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of April 1, 2022


How would you rate the albums - APRIL 1, 2022

1. Lights

PEP

https://lights.lnk.to/PEP

#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 75%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Money in the Bag' (ft. Kiesza)

#Lights #PEP


2. PUP

THE UNRAVELING OF PUPTHEBAND


#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 79%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Robot Writes A Love Song'

#PUP #THEUNRAVELINGOFPUPTHEBAND


3. Red Hot Chili Peppers

Unlimited Love


#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 78%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Black Summer'

#RedHotChiliPeppers #UnlimitedLove


4. Warmduscher

At The Hot Spot


#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 70%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Fatso'

#warmduscherr #AtTheHotspot


5. Wolf

Shadowland


#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 74%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Trial By Fire'

#WOLF #DUST


6. Miley Cyrus

Attention: Miley Live


#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 85%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Plastic Hearts'

#MileyCyrus #ATTENTION #MileyLive


7. Mountain Head 

'Backseat' EP


#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club votes 75%

If #ucanonlypick1 tell us your favourite song.  Mine is 'Backseat'

#indiemusic​​ #canadianmusic​​ #torontomusic


8. Angelique Francis 
New album "Long River" (second album)

Angelique Francis discusses new album "Long River"
"The title track of this album “Long River” was written about the River of Life. Despite our differences, and the vast variations in our personal histories, we are all floating down this river together. We are all connected in this way; We have all shared the same beginning, and we will all share the same end. This analogy is the focal point on which this album of completely original songs is based. A multitude of stories, experiences and emotions of joy, pain, triumph, anger, love, embarrassment, and humour are reflected throughout. 

Much like life, Blues music is also a river. Blues is at the root of all modern North American forms of music, and its influence has flowed into the creation of many genres we know and love today; including: Rock, R&B, Soul, Folk, Americana, Jazz, Gospel, Bluegrass, and many more. This album is not only a beginning to an exploration of the current human condition, but an exploration and consolidation of the many forms of blues, and blues influenced music."

#newmusic4yourears #whatonwhatsgood Week of April 1, 2022

1. Braden Lam ft. Wolf Castle, AKA Tristan Grant
New single "Silence"

Braden Lam
“I have a duty and a privilege to speak up as a white person, while I also need to be careful with my words. I don’t want to make a mess of the space that you’ve given me, but at the end of the day you just need to speak up and say something. Tristan doesn’t have the privilege of choice—he can’t look away.”

Wolf Castle, AKA Tristan Grant 

“Braden is sick of being silent about the issues going on in the world, as an observer. And I’m not going to be silent about what I go through anymore. We’re meeting in the middle to get the message out.”  


2. Willie Stratton 
New single “Caroline”


3. SHEA CLOUDS 

New single 'Icicles'



4. Avila Brothers, Billy Ray Cyrus and Snoop Dogg 

New single 'A Hard Working Man' 


#BillyRayCyrus #SnoopDogg #AvilaBrothers #AHardWorkingMan


5. Lilyisthatyou

New single 'ALL ABOUT ME'


#Lilyisthatyou #ALLABOUTME


6. Harry Styles 

New single and video “As It Was”

http://hstyles.lnk.to/AIW 

New album Harry’s House out on May 20 (third solo studio album)

#HarryStyles #HarrysHouse #AsItWas

Ukrainian GRAMMY Award®-nominated director Tanu Muino discusses the music video
“Directing a Harry Styles video was a bucket list dream come true for me as he’s my favorite performer. Shooting him was bittersweet as it was one of the happiest days of my life, but on the second day of the shoot, my country Ukraine was invaded so you can imagine the insane emotions we had while shooting. Me and my team from Ukraine poured so much love into this video and you can see it on screen. It will be a music video I will never forget and now I can happily retire.”

7. Nonso Amadi 

New track “Foreigner” 


#NonsoAmadi #Afrobeats #music


8. Shawn Mendes

New single “When You’re Gone”


#WhenYoureGone #ShawnMendes  


9. Beyoncé

New single “Be Alive” (From King Richard)


#Beyonce #BEALIVE #KINGRICHARD #94thAcademyAwards #Oscars #BestOriginalSong


10. 4*TOWN 

New single 'U Know What's Up' (From Disney and Pixar's Turning Red)

#TurningRed


11. Alex Exists (Alex Pulec, frontman of The Nursery)

New single "Rock On" 


Alex Exists discusses new single "Rock On"
"If I was going to do a rendition of a golden age rock and roll classic, I knew I had to launch it into orbit with an unexpected modern twist. I was inspired by this idea that if aliens came to earth, years after rock and roll had died, found this record, fell in love with it, took it back to their planet and started making their own interpretations of it, how might it sound?"

12. Alexa Villa

New single 'Good Girl' her album "Good Girl"

#alexavilla #goodgirl

Alexa Villa discusses new single 'Good Girl'
"I wrote 'Good Girl' about all the times I felt I was not taken seriously as a woman in my industry and in my relationships. I wrote it about all the times I've felt confused about my place in the world and the times I felt like I needed to hide. I wrote this song to redefine what a 'Good Girl' is. I've caught myself and I've seen so many of my friends, strong and beautiful women, altering themselves to fit inside the box that was created for us. Why do we have to wear pink, have the perfect body, or be quiet and look pretty to be feminine? And if we do live outside the box why do we as women then become stereotypes? I wrote this song at a time when I was frustrated and angry about the rules. Rules that were so clearly made to be broken. I don't have to be anything but myself to be a woman. I wake up everyday and get to decide who I want to be. That's what this song is about."

13. Juvon Taylor 
New single "LMK" 


14. Caitlynne Curtis 

New single "I Will Survive"



15. Ashley Cooke and Brett Young
 
New single “Never Til Now”


#AshleyCooke #BrettYoung #NeverTilNow

Ashley Cooke discusses working with Brett Young 
“‘Never Til Now’ is a song that has opened so many doors for me already and really changed my life. To be able to bring a superstar like Brett Young onto this song with me is such an honour.  I’ve been a fan of Brett’s music since the start, and I feel very honoured that he believes in the song the way that I do.”
Brett Young discusses working on new single “Never Til Now”
“I first heard this song through my good friend and trusted collaborator Jimmy Robbins. I loved it immediately and I’m honoured to be a part of it with Ashley!” 

16. Timur

Debut single and visuals for "NOT A CRIMINAL"

#Timur #NotACriminal #PopDance

Timur discusses musical style
“I put my own personal flair on each of my songs and hope that it will be well-received.  I hope that everyone out there can be supportive of my musical journey and continue to be interested in everything I have in store."

17. L.Teez 

New single Waves 

Upcoming debut album, Studio Blue 


L.Teez discusses new single Waves
“‘Waves’ showcases my growth as an artist in both production and songwriting.  There was a lot of work that went into making it sound the way it does, like those big live drums triggered with heavy hip-hop sounds around them. Fall 2020 and its beautiful colours strongly influenced my poetic choice of words. I had also just watched Ingmar Bergman’s The Seventh Seal, which helped create the mood as well as the music video, with its hommages to the Swedish director and his classic film.” 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shiny Happy People: Duggar Family Secrets Rating

Abigail

The Lake Season 2 Rating

Not Another Church Movie

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Trap

Challengers

Ripley Rating

Immaculate