Entertainment News that includes music, movies, and television
Rated over 15,000 movie and TV titles
300+ interviews with musicians, filmmakers, actors, actresses, authors, broadcasters, bands, directors, producers, movie editors, composers and more
Searchlight Pictures’ The Eyes of Tammy Faye Arrives on Digital November 2, 2021 and on Blu-ray™ and DVD November 16, 2021
My Rating: 7/10
#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club Rating: 63%
Directed by
Michael Showalter
Screenplay by
Abe Sylvia
Based on
The Eyes of Tammy Faye by Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato
Produced by
Jessica Chastain, Kelly Carmichael, Rachel Shane, Gigi Pritzker
Starring
Jessica Chastain as Tammy Faye Bakker
Chandler Head as Young Tammy Faye
Andrew Garfield as Jim Bakker
Cherry Jones as Rachel LaValley
Vincent D'Onofrio as Jerry Falwell
Fredric Lehne as Fred Grover
Louis Cancelmi as Richard Fletcher
Sam Jaeger as Roe Messner
Gabriel Olds as Pat Robertson
Mark Wystrach as Gary S. Paxton
Jay Huguley as Jimmy Swaggart
Randy Havens as Steve Pieters
Jess Weixler as Makeup Artist (voice)
Cinematography
Mike Gioulakis
Edited by
Mary Jo Markey
Music by
Theodore Shapiro
Social Media
Twitter: @EyesofTammyFaye
Facebook: @EyesofTammyFaye
Instagram: @EyesofTammyFaye
#TheEyesofTammyFaye
Jessica Chastain discusses her character Tammy Faye Bakker
"I spent years looking at footage of her and never once saw mascara running down her face. Tammy Faye was nothing like the caricature the media fed off of. She was the ordained minister Jim wasn't. She preached acceptance and compassion and meant it, and that’s what we wanted people to see in this film. When everyone turned their backs on people with HIV and AIDS, she invited a high profile gay pastor who had AIDS to be on her show. She also hosted Praise The Lord network shows all day long, wrote four books and released twenty-four albums. She never got paid for any of it, she gave her money back to the church."
“Homosexuality has often been demonized by the Christian community. At a time when people shrank from HIV and AIDS, Tammy was having none of it. She didn’t believe in labeling people. She understood the power of the camera to look into the eyes of people far and wide and share the truth.”
“She was never embarrassed. People were drawn to her because she was unique. She used her platform to advocate for a celebration of our differences, and knowing that made it easier for me to perform.”
“Tammy is so rooted into Jessica’s heart, and that’s an amazing place to come from. You follow her into the fray because of that; because she’s so passionate and devoted.”
British-American actor Andrew Garfield discusses his character Jim Bakker
"Jim’s actually a very complicated person. I found it easy to fall in love with him. What he and Tammy did was really radical. They created a wild alternative to other Christian broadcasting of the time. They had a longing to heal people. Instead of waiting for joy in heaven, they advocated for happiness in the here and now. His downfall was that he lost sight of all of that, and I found his fallibility fascinating."
Actress Cherry Jones discusses her character Rachel (Tammy Faye’s mother)
"Rachel gave so much to her church and got nothing in return. Her home life was unstable as well. She was stressed physically and spiritually. Throughout her life, she feared for Tammy's soul, and was terrified Tammy wouldn't have an everlasting life. I'm finding ways to soften her a bit. She loved her daughter, but her life was harsh."
Vincent D'Onofrio discusses his character Jerry Falwell
"Falwell is sort of like a Judas character. He befriended the Bakkers, gained their trust and then claimed he barely knew them. Their rise, his betrayal, and their fall, is all very Shakespearean."
The Cleaning Lady Shadow Dance Pictures/Amore & Vita Productions, Inc./Laughing Monkeys/Fox Entertainment Warner Bros. Television Studios Fox Genre Crime, Drama Express Review Thony De La Rosa (Ălodie Yung) and her sister-in-law Fiona (Martha Millan) are professional cleaners. Thony's son Luca (Sebastien and Valentino LaSalle) needs a bone marrow transplant. Her husband still lives in the Philippines. Sadly, the donor bailed and Thony’s visa expired. The question is...what would you do to save your son? Would you help out the cartel? How will Thony and Fiona avoid getting deported? Side note: Thony is a doctor in her home country of Cambodia. Social Media #TheCleaningLady Created by Miranda Kwok Based on La Chica Que Limpia by Lucas Combina Starring Ălodie Yung as Thony De La Rosa Adan Canto as Arman Morales Oliver Hudson as Garrett Miller Martha Millan as Fiona De La Rosa Sebastien and Valentino LaSalle as Luca De La Rosa Shiva N...
TV/Movies Ratings November 11, 2021 1. Cherrypicker (2021) Comedy, Horror 5/10 Director: Bennet De Brabandere | Stars: Colin Mochrie, Heidi von Palleske, Matia Jackett, Alex Gordon 2. CSI: Vegas (2021– ) Episode: Funhouse (2021) Crime 7/10 Director: Benny Boom | Stars: Paula Newsome, Matt Lauria, Mandeep Dhillon, Mel Rodriguez 3. American Crime Story (2016– ) Episode: The Wilderness (2021) Biography, Crime, Drama 8/10 Director: Michael Uppendahl | Stars: Sarah Paulson, Beanie Feldstein, Annaleigh Ashford, Margo Martindale 4. American Crime Story (2016– ) Episode: The Grand Jury (2021) Biography, Crime, Drama 8/10 Director: Rachel Morrison | Stars: Sarah Paulson, Beanie Feldstein, Annaleigh Ashford, Margo Martindale 5. American Crime Story (2016– ) Episode: Stand by Your Man (2021) Biography, Crime, Drama 8/10 Director: Rachel Morrison | Stars: Sarah Paulson, Beanie Feldstein, Annaleigh Ashford, Margo Martindale 6. The Rumperbutts (2015) Comedy, Fantasy, Music 6/10 Director: Marc ...
Interview with AMERICAN HORROR STORY Naomi Grossman Today on #whatonwhatsgood with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Naomi Grossman . You may know Naomi from her role in Ctrl Alt Delete . Grossman also plays "Pepper" on FX's American Horror Story : Asylum & Freak Show. She also appeared as a new character, the Satanist "Samantha Crowe" in the eighth season, Apocalypse. Today, we discuss her new film romantic comedy BITE ME! available now, and much more. 1. What do you love about acting? That’s a really good question. I have to remind myself of the answer regularly! Because there’s a lot of things I don’t love about this business. But at the risk of sounding cheesy, I think it’s just what I was put here to do. I'm a performer through and through— like us vampires in “Bite Me” get our energy from blood, I get my energy from an audience. The validation of applause… the gratification of laughter… the knowledge you’ve touched people… it’s intoxicating. I...
Interview with Comedian Gary Robinson Today on What On What's Good with Jovin Tardif, I am here with Award-Winning Writer, Director, Producer, Editor, Photographer & Comedian Gary Robinson. In our interview, we discuss what inspired him to get into the entertainment industry, interning at The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, his video production company, being a stand-up comedian and much more. 1. What first inspired you to be in the entertainment industry? Like many people my age, I was really inspired by the first Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies. Star Wars showed how you could create a realistic and exciting story that takes place anywhere and at any time. Finally, it felt like “realistic” creative storytelling was really only limited by our imagination. And for a young boy, Raiders of the Lost Ark really took you on an adventure, far beyond the realities of daily life. Those movies made me realize I wanted to tell stories, and inspire people, ...
The Neighborhood Mud, Blood & Beer Productions/A Bird and a Bear Entertainment/Kapital Entertainment/Trill Television CBS Studios/CBS #whatonwhatsgood Express Review (by: Jovin Tardif) "The Neighborhood on CBS is about a friendly Midwestern couple (Dave and Gemma Johnson) and their son Grover (Hank Greenspan) who move to a neighborhood in Los Angeles. Gemma (Beth Behrs) got a new job as a school principal in L.A. Dave Johnson (Max Greenfield) is just about the friendliest guy in the world. I don't think anyone can dislike him. Well one person can... They have a pretty opinionated next-door neighbor, the grouchy mechanic Calvin Butler (Cedric the Entertainer). He has a wife named Tina (Tichina Arnold) and two sons Marty (Marcel Spears) and Malcolm (Sheaun McKinney). Dave is desperately trying to fit in with the community. Will the Johnsons be accepted by everyone? The series is quite amusing. Tina as Calvin's wife is fun as she keeps...
Armageddon Time RT Features, MadRiver Pictures, Keep Your Head, Spacemaker Productions Focus Features, Universal Pictures Release dates May 19, 2022 (Cannes) October 28, 2022 Description ARMAGEDDON TIME is a deeply personal story on the strength of family, the complexity of friendship, and the generational pursuit of the American Dream. Directed by James Gray Written by James Gray Produced by Anthony Katagas, Marc Butan, Rodrigo Teixeira, Gustavo Debs, Marco TĂșlio Kehdi and James Gray Starring Michael Banks Repeta as Paul Graff Anne Hathaway as Esther Graff Jeremy Strong as Irving Graff Anthony Hopkins as Aaron Graff Jaylin Webb as Johnny Ryan Sell as Ted Graff Tovah Feldshuh as Mickey Graff Dane West as Topper Lowell Andrew Polk as Mr. Turkeltaub Richard Bekins as Headmaster Fitzroy Jacob MacKinnon as Edgar Romanelli Domenick Lombardozzi John Diehl as Fred Trump Jessica Chastain as Maryanne Trump Cinematography Darius Khondji Edited by Scott Morris Mu...
Vengeance Blumhouse Productions, Divide/Conquer Focus Features Release date 29 July 2022 Ashton Kutcher who plays "Quentin Sellers" discusses Vengeance The narrative is there's an East Coast New Yorker Playboy Podcaster who gets an urgent call that his girlfriend has passed away, and he should come to the funeral, but he didn't have a girlfriend. He thinks that it would be a great story for his podcast to go and find out about what happened to this girl. He ends up falling in love with a girl that he never knew. My initial thoughts when I read the script were that this is the most brilliant script I've read in 10 years, I was excited that it came from my friend B. J. Novak. I think, Quentin, my character, represents the subtle pursuit of fame through arts and storytelling. I was blown away by working with B. J. Novak. His notes when I was on set, were spot on. They were direct, they were succinct, and they were actionable. I'm really e...
Three Thousand Years of Longing Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, United Artists Releasing Release date August 26, 2022 Idris Elba ("The Djinn") discusses Three Thousand Years of Longing My first impression was that it was a wonderful, fantastical story. Tilda has been like an incredible partner, just an incredibly fantastic actor, a complete, majestic figure. Tilda and I were keen to make sure that the language, just the story, really affects the audience in a way that the audience would go...I wonder what I would have done. Tilda Swinton ("Alithea") discusses Three Thousand Years of Longing Idris and I met once at a party which is a very rare sentence for me to say. I don't go to many parties, but I met him at a party. We exchanged that sort of very banal statement Oh, it would be lovely to work together. I am a huge admirer of George's cinema. He in so many ways makes a cinema that I respond to like a child. The shape, of the film, the sort of trajectory arrows...
Sex Education Season 4 Netflix Release date September 21st, 2023 Synopsis Following the closure of Moordale Secondary, Otis and Eric now face a new frontier - their first day at Cavendish Sixth Form College. Otis is nervous about setting up his new clinic, whilst Eric is praying they won’t be losers again. But Cavendish is a culture shock for all the Moordale students - they thought they were progressive but this new college is another level. There’s daily yoga in the communal garden, a strong sustainability vibe and a group of kids who are popular for being… kind?! Viv is totally thrown by the college’s student-led, non-competitive approach, while Jackson is still struggling to get over Cal. Aimee tries something new by taking an Art A-Level and Adam grapples with whether mainstream education is for him. Over in the US, Maeve is living her dream at prestigious Wallace University, being taught by cult author Thomas Molloy. Otis is pining after her, whilst adjusting to not being ...
Comments
Post a Comment