The Black Phone (2022)

The Black Phone

Universal


C Robert Cargill discusses the kids in The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"The kids are so good in this movie.  We're so proud of what they did.  You know you write kid characters, and you hope that it comes up to the screen.  Then you get these great actors who come in and they get it, and they nail it, and they do it better than you ever imagined it.  It's just like wow they became the kids that I wrote, and it's just so awesome. I can't wait for everyone to meet the kids." 

E Roger Mitchell discusses the kids in The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"It's good to be a part of a really cool project. The kids...Oh, my God, they're phenomenal." 

Jason Blum discusses Ethan Hawke as The Grabber in The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"The grabber is a scary dude.  I'm always trying to get him (Ethan Hawke) to do more scary movies.  He just really responded to this script that's what made him do it." 

Jeremy Davies discusses the kids in The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"I'm very fortunate to play the father.  The kids are magnificent. They made it so much easier for me.  I learned a lot from them. I'm so proud of them both." 

Joe Hill discusses The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"I think they already know it's going to be a really scary ride.  I don't think they'd expect anything less from Scott Derrickson.  They might be surprised at how much heart it has. I think Ethan Hawke said that it was a scary film with the heart of gold.  I think that's true."

Madeline McGraw discusses The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"I can't believe that it's finally out. It's honestly such a thrilling roller coaster. I hope that everyone, instead of just being scared the whole time feels all the layers and the emotion in the movie.

The Black Phone was awesome. Getting to work with everyone was amazing.  Working with Scott and Mason, and Jeremy was just such an amazing experience. I hope that I could work with all of them again in the future." 

Mason Thames discusses The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"This moment is really really cool for me. Everyone was super fun to work with.  Ethan was incredible.  Everybody on set was super nice.  Back in the day kids had a lot of freedom and nowadays with phones and stuff they don't have as much.  Going into the role I really wanted to emerge myself in that. That was really fun.  The climactic battle is super cool for me.  I don't know what I could say without spoiling.  I really hope everybody enjoys it." 

Scott Derrickson discusses The Black Phone at Hollywood Premiere

"I love watching the movie with an audience.  It's gonna be fun. People are paying to see a scary movie.  It's a scary movie...but it has a lot of heart to it as well.  There's a lot of emotion in this movie. 

Ethan's terrifying in this movie. He's a very unusual villain...a guy in a mask who is very chatty. 

Usually, the killers in movies that wear masks don't say anything.  This one talks a lot. 

Ethan's a remarkable actor.  I've been friends with him for over 10 years." 

Release date 

June 24, 2022

Directed by

Scott Derrickson

Screenplay by

Scott Derrickson, C. Robert Cargill

Based on

"The Black Phone" by Joe Hill

Produced by

Jason Blum, Scott Derrickson, C. Robert Cargill

Starring

Ethan Hawke as The Grabber

Mason Thames as Finney

Madeleine McGraw as Gwen

Jeremy Davies as Terrence

James Ransone as Max

E. Roger Mitchell as Detective Wright

Cinematography

Brett Jutkiewicz

Edited by

Frédéric Thoraval

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Series Review: FUBAR

TV Series Review: Deadloch

Express Review: Dear Child

I Like Movies

TV Series Review: Burning Body

Film Review: Category: Woman (2022)

Interview with Matt U Johnson

Sidney

Tv Series Review: Servant

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio