Vengeance

Vengeance

Blumhouse Productions, Divide/Conquer

Focus Features

Release date

29 July 2022 

Ashton Kutcher who plays "Quentin Sellers" discusses Vengeance

The narrative is there's an East Coast New Yorker Playboy Podcaster who gets an urgent call that his girlfriend has passed away, and he should come to the funeral, but he didn't have a girlfriend. He thinks that it would be a great story for his podcast to go and find out about what happened to this girl.  He ends up falling in love with a girl that he never knew. 

My initial thoughts when I read the script were that this is the most brilliant script I've read in 10 years, I was excited that it came from my friend B. J. Novak.  

I think, Quentin, my character, represents the subtle pursuit of fame through arts and storytelling.

I was blown away by working with B. J. Novak.  His notes when I was on set, were spot on.  They were direct, they were succinct, and they were actionable. 

I'm really excited to see where his directing career goes.  I think it's going to be exceptional.

I think that audiences should see this film because it's wickedly entertaining.

Writer / Director B.J. Novak - "Ben Manalowitz" discusses Vengeance

Vengeance is about a journalist and aspiring podcaster who finds out that a girl he was just kind of hooking up with has died.

He goes to the funeral, and when he bonds with the family, her brother expects him to enact vengeance on the killer.  My character doesn't want to do that but does want to make a podcast about why they want vengeance. 

This is a movie in some ways about the truth ... finding the truth.  What is the truth and our willingness to listen to other people in trying to figure out what that truth is.  

Directed by

B. J. Novak

Written by

B. J. Novak

Produced by

Jason Blum, Greg Gilreath, and Adam Hendricks

Starring

B. J. Novak as Ben Manalowitz

Boyd Holbrook as Ty Shaw

Dove Cameron as Kansas City Shaw

Issa Rae as Eloise

Ashton Kutcher as Quinten Sellers

Isabella Amara as Paris Shaw

J. Smith-Cameron as Sharon Shaw

Lio Tipton as Abilene Shaw

John Mayer as John

Elli Abrams Bickel as El Stupido Shaw

Louanne Stephens as Granny Carole Shaw

Zach Villa as Sancholo

Cinematography

Lyn Moncrief

Edited by

Andy Canny, Hilda Rasula and Plummy Tucker

Music by

Finneas O'Connell

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Series Review: Burning Body

TV Series Review: FUBAR

TV Series Review: Deadloch

Film Review: Rosa Peral's Tapes

Sidney

Express Review: Dear Child

I Like Movies

Interview with Canadian musician and writer Eamon McGrath

Film Review: Category: Woman (2022)

TV Series Review: Pieces of Her (2022)