Antlers (2021)

Antlers

Searchlight Pictures


Release date: 10/29/2021 

Searchlight Pictures’ Antlers will be available on Digital December 21, 2021 and on Blu-ray™ and DVD January 4, 2022

My Rating: 7/10

#whatonwhatsgood Fan Club Rating: 61%

Social Media

#AntlersMovie

Genres 

Fantasy , Horror , Thriller

Cast

Keri Russell as Julia Meadows
Jesse Plemons as Paul Meadows
Jeremy T. Thomas as Lucas Weaver
Graham Greene as Warren Stokes
Scott Haze as Frank Weaver
Rory Cochrane as Dan Lecroy
Amy Madigan as Principal Booth

Directed by 

Scott Cooper

Screenplay by 

C. Henry Chaisson & Nick Antosca and Scott Cooper

Based upon the short story 

“The Quiet Boy” by Nick Antosca

Produced by 

Guillermo Del Toro, p.g.a., David S. Goyer, p.g.a, J. Miles Dale, p.g.a

Executive Producers 

Jim Rowe, Nick Antosca, Kevin Turen

Director of Photography

Florian Hoffmeister

Production Designer 

Tim Grimes

Film Editor 

Dylan Tichenor, ACE

Music by 

Javier Navarrete

Costume Designer 

Karin Nosella


Golden Globe® winner Keri Russell discusses her character Julia

“There is a dark family history between them.  Maybe as a distraction from all of this, she becomes
intrigued, then obsessed, with a troubled student of hers.”
“I think there are a lot of small towns in America that have been affected by the opioid crisis like this one.  And to me, the monster in ANTLERS is an analogy for the destruction of families, whether from drug use, alcoholism or the loss of jobs.  I thought a lot about all of that in playing this role.  Alongside the horror elements, there’s that signature quiet of a Scott Cooper film that’s also in Antlers; the merging of very different genres.”

Jesse Plemons discusses Antlers

“I wasn’t expecting Scott to do movie like this - it was exciting.” 
“I feel ANTLERS deals more deeply with issues than anything I’ve done in the recent past. 
“I hope the movie encourages conversations about the struggles of many Americans, and what we're doing to the earth."
“I have a young child now, and eventually we have to start learning from our mistakes. I hope the film moves and inspires the audience to think more deeply about these issues."

Jeremy T. Thomas discusses his character Lucas Weaver 

“In the beginning of the story, I’m out looking for food to give to my little brother and father” 
“My character, Lucas, mostly keeps to himself and is bullied by a character named Clint. So, the movie starts with me being hurt, mentally and physically.”
“In one scene I’m running home and have tears running down my face.” 
“I think the real-life parts of this movie [like bullying and his not having a mother] give my character his perspective of the world.  In the beginning, he has to take care of himself.  But at the end, he sort of has a mother and she can take care of him.  Then he won’t have to kill animals and eat them!  She’ll feed him sandwiches and stuff.”

Sawyer Jones discusses his character Aiden Weaver

“At first my character is a normal, kind of happy kid.  But later he becomes sadder and turns into a monster.” 
“For the part when I turn into a monster, they put this cool makeup on me and I look really scary.” 
“I really like horror movies.  But I’m not old enough to watch them.  I like watching GOOSEBUMPS; it’s not too horrifying and it’s still good for my age.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Anthracite Rating

TV Series Review: Deadloch

TV Series Review: Bel-air (2022)