ComedyCon Behind The Scenes of Kim's Convenience

ComedyCon Behind The Scenes of Kim's Convenience

By: Jovin Tardif







ComedyCon Behind The Scenes of Kim's Convenience was held on September 22, 2019, as part of Just For Laughs 42 hosted by CBC.  It is a chance to see the cast from a whole new perspective.  A kind of show to find out who is Paul Sun-Hyung Lee, Jean Yoon, Andrew Phung, Andrea Bang, and Nicole Power.  The event started off with a sneak peek of Season 4.  I actually had to sign a document and was surrounded by security in order to make sure I didn't record this gem.  No spoilers, sorry not sorry.

What I learned from this event is that Paul, Jean, and Andrew seem like they are very laid-back individuals.  I was shocked to find out that Andrea Bang is an introvert.  I just presumed that her personality was similar to what you see on television. From Nicole Power, I learned that the character is roughly her personality amped up by 100%.

They also told us about some practical jokes that they do on set, stories about their time in Korea, the process of writing a season of television, and some moments of enjoyment while filming.  They were very eager to share their excitement with the fans.

One moment by Andrew Phung really caught my attention. He said: "Don't be afraid of being creative." This was a message I felt I needed to hear. I always worry when finalizing my work. My mindset should be open to learning new ways to improve.

The event was very enjoyable.  You had plenty of opportunities to learn about the business, discover some news about our favorite characters and get an idea of the direction of the show.  I had a wonderful time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Anthracite Rating

TV Series Review: FUBAR

TV Series Review: Deadloch