Sidney

Sidney

Network Entertainment, Harpo

Apple TV+

Release dates

September 10, 2022 (TIFF)

September 23, 2022

Directed by

Reginald Hudlin

Written by

Jesse James Miller

Produced by

Oprah Winfrey and Derik Murray

Starring

Sidney Poitier

Cinematography

Matthew Chavez

Edited by

Tony Kent

Music by

Marcus Miller

Brian Gersh - Executive Producer

I want my kids to see this movie and understand what it means to really be a son.  What it really means to be a father, It's extraordinary.

Catherine Cyr - Executive Producer

What I learned about Sidney was that he was willing to make sacrifices, that most people would find unconscionable whether that was money or security or ways to make his career boom. He would sacrifice all of that by sticking to what he knew was right.

Cher

He was very shy. I must not be the first person to tell you that.  We got him to come to some barbecues.  I have a couple of stories, but I'm going to put them in my book.

Dennis Haysbert

I knew very early on what I wanted to do in my life.  He's one of 3 actors at the time that I saw that I said:  This is it.  This is it. This is what I want to do.  He was my inspiration. The father of my artistic expression.

Derik Murray - Producer

It's an incredibly emotional and moving picture, but it's also inspiring.

I think there are so many life lessons that you walk away with Sydney's wisdom, and with the journey that he found himself on and piloted throughout his entire life.  

Evan Ross

He paved the way for all of us.  My mom played me all his movies because she wanted me to learn about you know where it came from.

He was so giving and so sweet and so humble

Reginald Hudlin - Director / Executive Producer

I think I want them to understand what Sidney did for them. 

When they watch the movie they will also go I want to be more like Sidney. 

He was beyond being a great actor/great director.  He was the definition of manhood. 

Sheryl Lee Ralph

I was 19 years old, and Mr. Poitier gave me my very first job.

I'll never forget, he said: Sheryl...' you're so good. I wish the industry had more to offer you ... because at that time there wasn't that much, because there just wasn't that much for a young black actress and he knew it was going to be hard 'but hang in there baby and it's all paid off

Sydney Poitier

It's a beautiful way to honor our dad, You know this is a story told in his own voice.

No one can tell his story better than he can tell his story.

It's such a soothing moment for us to sort of hear him and see him, and reconnect with him in some way. 

I was the baby and he and I were the most similar. We were super tight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Jennifer Did Rating

Ripley Rating

The Program: Cons, Cults and Kidnapping Rating

Neal Brennan: Crazy Good Rating

Anthracite Rating

The Magic Prank Show with Justin Willman Rating

Files of the Unexplained Rating

The Fall Guy

The Cleaning Lady (2022)

Express Review: Dear Child