90th anniversary & Tree Lighting Ceremony

90th anniversary & Tree Lighting Ceremony 


December 09, 2019 

by: Jovin Tardif

#RYHFestive

I attended the Tree Lighting Ceremony and it did not disappoint.  As soon as I walked through the front door, I knew I was in for a treat.  I was greeted by a few elves who guided me towards the Santa experience.  I grabbed a hot chocolate and a cookie and went over to see my good friend Santa.  We posed for a photo and had a very quick but fun conversation.  

I walked back through a beautiful setup of the largest gingerbread house that I have ever seen.  Kudos to Executive Chef, JW Foster, and his staff at Fairmont Royal York for their hard work and dedication to building a two-story gingerbread house for the holidays.  It is sensational.

A few moments later, I met Hotelier of the Year: Edwin Frizzell.  What a wonderful gentleman.  I shook his hand & applauded the fantastic work at the hotel.  He made me aware that everyone on the team made this magical moment come true for the 90th anniversary.

After watching the tree lighting ceremony and watching the window ceremony outside, I made my way upstairs to a bar called the "Thirsty Elf".  I kind of came across it by accident while roaming around earlier in the day.  

#RYHFestive

Question:  Did you ever wonder what the inside of a present looks like?  Well...you will have to check out this bar to understand what I am talking about.  It was sensational.  I ordered the "be bad for Tito's sake".  It was a fantastic drink.  They do have other options such as fuzzy grinch, christmoose vacation, Rum Rum Rudolph, and many more.

The atmosphere with the holiday music + the lovely drinks made by enthusiast bartenders is really what got my attention.  I had an awesome time learning how they were making the drinks while sitting at the bar.

Overall, I just wanted to thank all the staff including the marketing team and management for being in such great spirits while I was at the event. 

I hope to see you all again real soon.  

Links:

My Google Review https://goo.gl/maps/HLfyzNZS7GvWFTcJA

Hotelier Magazine https://www.hoteliermagazine.com/hotelier-of-the-year-edwin-frizzell/

Fairmont Royal York https://www.fairmont.com/royal-york-toronto/

A Clear Culinary Vision http://thefairmontroyalyork.com/experience/meet-executive-chef-jw

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Series Review: FUBAR

TV Series Review: Deadloch

Express Review: Dear Child

I Like Movies

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom Rating

TV Series Review: Burning Body

TV Series Review: WeCrashed (2022)

Lupin Part 3 Rating

Film Review: Category: Woman (2022)

Interview with Matt U Johnson