Film Review: jackass forever (2022)

jackass forever

Paramount Pictures, MTV Entertainment Studios

Release date 

February 4, 2022

#whatonwhatsgood Express Review (by: Jovin Tardif)

Jackass is weird... but you have to admit...it's funny.  

Johnny Knoxville and his crew go out there and do stunts and pranks that either hurt or disgust them. 

In this film, they brought in a few new members to join the chaos. 

A variety of athletes were involved in the film.  They were PK Subban, Shaquille O'Neal, Tony Hawk, and UFC champ Francis Ngannou. 

It's just funny how even though they are doing the weirdest stuff in the world, they support one another with laughs and hugs at the end of each segment.

Chris Pontius at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"It was awesome. It was like we'd never been apart. This movie turned out amazing. At first, we were resistant to bringing some new guys. We were kind of like is that really necessary.  But then we met them and they are awesome. They were just down for anything.  They seemed like they were meant to be with us from the beginning."

"Danger Ehren" McGhehey" at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"Sometimes I do things that shouldn't be done and I go next level and barely survive on this film.

Life was completely different 22 years ago.  Backed in the late 90s and 2000s, we all knew each other through skateboarding and snowboarding and surfing.   Nowadays, you can just pop into your social media account and all of a sudden, you're friends with everybody.

I can't tell you how many people have come up to me and said, Man, my dad and I connected...we bonded through Jackass. It was because of that that we became good friends."

Dave England at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"It was like something I wanted to do personally for years and years and years. We did it and it's almost unbelievable that it happened and I'm so beyond stoked. We added five new cast members. We just want to laugh and have fun. Forget about all your problems and all the world's problems right now. Just have some fun. There's not even a plot to have to pay attention to.  It's awesome. There's some crazy stuff in this one. I think it's the best one."

WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre at LA Premiere discussing "jackass forever" and Johnny Knoxville

"Everyone needs an escape right now. What better escape than jackass?  Most of us grew up with Jackass as part of our childhoods, our teenage years, or twenties/thirties.  It reaches every single generation. There's nothing sillier than jackass.  

Johnny's been showing up every single week in WWE. He's been having the time of his life. He's been putting his body on the line every week. He participated in the Royal Rumble. He did the heck of a job.
I was genuinely impressed.  I won't be surprised if tries and jumps me tonight to make an impression."

Eric Andre at LA Premiere growing up watching discussing jackass

"I grew up watching these guys.  I mean jackass came out when I was in twelfth grade. It hit me at a pivotal crossroads in my life."

Jason "Wee Man" Acuna at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"It's been 20 years since the first movie and 22 years since the episodes were on MTV. 
The new people kind of just came in. They got lucky.
There were a couple bits that some of us vets didn't want to do, and we were just like, No, this is yours.
This is the best time for a jackass movie right now. People need to be out together.
This is the perfect way to be social and be out there laughing and forgetting about what's going on.
This is gonna make people laugh so hard. Laughter is healthy.  We're bringing medicine to the world."

Jasper at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"It's been rough for 2 years. I think it's time for everybody just to forget about everything.
Sit down with some popcorn and laugh with a whole bunch of people you may or may not know."

Producer Johnny Knoxville at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"There is nothing more fun than making a jackass film. It's so fun. The new cast...they're perfect. I can't wait for you to see it." 

Preston Lacy at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"We can't wait for everybody to see it." 
"We were hesitant at first on the new guys.  They proved themselves right out of the gate.
They were funny and fearless. I'm very proud to call them castmates."

Rachel Wolfson at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"Oh, my God, I'm so excited that it's finally here. I still can't believe it.  I'm like are they pranking me today, because I can't believe it's finally here.  I had the best time.  It's such an honor to join this crazy family." 

Sean "Poopies" McInerney at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"I hope everyone enjoys this. I mean...who doesn't want to see someone get hurt."

Tyler, The Creator at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"It's hot...It's hot...It's hot"

Zack Holmes at LA Premiere discussing jackass forever

"Everyone loves doing dumb stuff with their friends. I think seeing jackass just reminds everyone of that."

Directed by

Jeff Tremaine

Written by

Jeff Tremaine, Spike Jonze, Johnny Knoxville

Based on

Jackass by Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze, Jeff Tremaine

Produced by

Jeff Tremaine, Johnny Knoxville, Spike Jonze

Starring

Johnny Knoxville, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Dave England, Wee Man, Danger Ehren, Preston Lacy, Sean "Poopies" McInerney, Jasper Dolphin, Zach Holmes, Rachel Wolfson, Eric Manaka, Compston "Darkshark" Wilson

Guest appearances

Eric André, Tory Belleci, Shaquille O'Neal, Tony Hawk, Mat Hoffman, Aaron "Jaws" Homoki, Francis Ngannou, DJ Paul, Machine Gun Kelly, Tyler, the Creator, Danielle O'Toole, Rob Dyrdek, Chris Raab, The Dudesons

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TV Series Review: Burning Body

TV Series Review: FUBAR

TV Series Review: Deadloch

Film Review: Rosa Peral's Tapes

Sidney

Express Review: Dear Child

I Like Movies

Interview with Canadian musician and writer Eamon McGrath

Film Review: Category: Woman (2022)

TV Series Review: Pieces of Her (2022)